Web Site Design - Quotes
To quote a price for your web site initially from a spur of the moment e-mail is just silly. There are so many factors involved as each web site is unique in its design and content varies from basic to complicated. The majority of the time and work is spent at the initial planning and design stage. Some designers will charge by the hour but I prefer to quote a set price for one page after determining what type of web site is best for you. Each additional page required will use the same design but hold different textual content and images and will be charged at a substantially reduced rate per page. Some questions that need answered before I can give you an accurate estimate are;
1. Is it a redesign or a few updates for your present but neglected site that you are after or...
2. Do you need a new, custom design?
3. How many pages do you expect the web site to have?
4. Are you wanting a large photo gallery?
5. How about a Content Management System or maybe a Shopping Cart?
6. Do you really, really want that flashy, all the bells and whistles web site? I have my own opinion about those! The effect of a flashy web site quickly wears off to the user when it is not accessible and functional (I’ve been on too many of those sites). My aim in designing your web site is to have pages loading more quickly, uncluttered for ease of use, structurally sound and easier maintenance.
7. A couple other points here. Are you aware of the costs, over and above my own to have a web site online? If you are not sure please go to my resources page now to check this out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long will it take to complete my new web site?
A: You could expect completion of your new web site within 2-3 weeks, however more often than not this is delayed by the client themselves getting the content to me. I will need you to submit the content to be used on your site during the early stages of the design/layout stage. This includes text and images to be used on the site including your logo if you have one. Allot of my inspiration for colors contained in the layout will come from images - (good quality images).
Q: How many pictures can I use:
A: I will not limit you in the number of pictures you can use but if you have allot, I may suggest ways of displaying them. Speaking of pictures, obviously digital images in their original size are best for me to work with.
Q: What kind of payment options do you offer:
A: You can make payments quick, easy and securely through Paypal. I will also accept personal cheques, cash and Money Orders.
Q: Will people be able to find my web site by searching Google or Yahoo?
A: This is never a guarantee and if it does it may take months but I do build all web sites with SEO (search engine optimization) This is the proper use of meta tags, keywords and titles on all pages. When the web site is complete and online I routinely submit the new web site address to the major search engines and business directories.